> On Jan 28, 2015, at 8:01 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh.. 'multiphase' is a mixture of gas, fuel and water as it comes out of some
> well heads

if this is the proper term used for pipelines, then this would be the right
one,

Otherwise, =multi (like sports) would be the best.

but you would not need such a tag, since it would be

substance=gas
substance:detailed=multiphase_gas

if you keep it at two levels of detail (water, gas, oil,  fuel, sewage, heat,
coolant, etc), include a catch-all like “other”, so if someone has a maple
syrup pipeline (for instance - one can only dream) it can get thrown into
other.  There might also need to be an “industrial” one, in case someone is
moving some industrial chemical that wouldn’t fit into the scheme either,
though I’m not sure how exactly that would be worded. micro-mapping certain
industrial facilities would require something like this.

> substance=fuel
> substance:detailed=drinking_water

isn't it just as error prone as

substance=fuel
fuel=drinking_water

?

using the colon separator would keep from making additional tags (everything
would be kept in the substance tagspace) - especially generic tags like fuel=
water= gas= which might have uses elsewhere (like the water_tap discussion here
earlier) or be confused for other uses (like not a subkey, but a straight key
by itself), someone could stick fuel=unleaded_87 onto a gas station. Or does
that already exist?

Javbw