W dniu 02.09.2015 15:55, John Willis napisał(a):

But - most importantly - this implementation is what japanese people
expect and require from their maps, as the shape of the roads gives
users a spatial awareness of where they are - and changing those roads
means making an "inferior" map.

Looks like Japanese may be especially interested in joining the area:highway party - Poles, Germans and Ukrainians are here already (Russians have their own a:h party, but I'm not sure if they follow the fashion, because it's evolving) =} :

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_area#Real_data_rendering_examples

but please BYOS (Bring Your Own Server) for rendering a:h layers, because osmapa.pl is not able to serve any more countries than it does now. It should be no problem to use this code on other servers, however.

It also means that real importance could be tagged one day instead of "official" importance, so we have at least something proper once people will have what they really want anyway. =}

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]