Hi all,

I've been running into some trouble with the following tag recently.

'restriction'='no_right_turn_on_red'<https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/restriction=no_right_turn_on_red>
 mapped as a turn restriction relation.

My problem is that OSRM treats it as a no_right_turn restriction, though
obviously it should not prevent all turning. The wiki indicates that this is
the expected behaviour though; it seems that anything beginning with 'no_'
means no turn is permitted from the 'from' way to the 'to' way. I brought this
up on the restriction talk page
here<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Relation:restriction#No_Turn_On_Red>
 and a couple people implied that this was definitely not the right tag, if
restriction is even the right key. I then brought the topic up for discussion
on talk-ca (about half of all occurrences of this tag are in Toronto and
Ottawa, where I'm having my particular routing issues), and the people on that
list were pretty adamant that the tag was useful and made sense as is. One
person suggested this should be reported as a
bug<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ca/2016-June/007015.html>
for OSRM.

Who is right here? Should I report this as a bug and change the wiki to allow
turns on "^no_.*" relations as standard or should the tagging be changed? And
how?

Thanks,

Nate Wessel
Jack of all trades, master of geography