Hello,

I think that tagging all traffic sign is very usefull.
I hope having one day an app that automates photo-sign-osm process.
Mainly because it is the easy way to detect signaling changes.

The proposal is interesting but the key side should be improved.
It would be useful to be compatible with both trends:
- locate one or more nodes where panel(s) are located. a relation ?
- summarize the location of panel(s) with a word as you describe with
the side key.

The Traffic_signs_XX preset for josm is usefull.
It just lacks the ability to set more than a location.
For example down+right is common for stop and giveway signs.

Regards,
Marc