It is interesting your petition. My point of view is , even the meaning of
two traffic signs in differents places would be the same, it would be
different traffic signs. In some countries there are other codes for the
road marks (but with the same meaning) so they aren't the same traffic sign
so they can't stay at two positions (right and down or up side)

When there is two traffic signs in one pole you can tag it with subtag
numbers as the Finnish Commnity does. Example with traffic_sign:2:forward=
or traffic_sign:2:backward. It is important because when there is more than
a traffic sign one is active until the limitation or the situation that
informs you the second. Example: in https://www.mapillary.com/
map/im/7NffYKT31sYbbZSqQutpSw this specific maxspeed limit is only for the
crossing. Once you have passed the crossing you will have the implicit
maxspeed limit or other. For this reason it is important to tag the order
of the traffic sign.

People from Mapillary do that, they know how the OSM community does not
want automatted imports but they made available to tag some traffic signs
detected in their pics through the JOSM plug-in. I have also talk to them
and they are in contact for updates.

Salut i senyals de trànsit (Health and traffic signs)
yopaseopor