Wish for the New Year: a world where all streets have cycleways and hence
cycleway=no is a useful tag to indicate the few exceptions.

More realistically, cycleway=no is useful to indicate that someone has
verified there is no cycleway.
For example to indicate that the large sidewalk that is clearly visible on
the satellite pictures is not a cycleway despite the fact that it clearly
looks so and armchair mappers (like me) are tempted to put it on the map.

A similar argument is valid for oneway=no. There are cities where oneway=no
is the exception (one that I remember vividly is Salta in Argentina).
It is also useful in cities (like mine) where the administration is very
active in changing the oneway directions every few months,

If someone maps *=no don't remove it unless it is wrong.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>