Le 23. 01. 18 à 14:25, Mateusz Konieczny a écrit :
 > I would prefer waterway=canal + pressurised=yes + tunnel=* rather
 > than waterway=pressurised.

trivial in appearance, this change would imply a huge change of meaning.
today common sense is that waterway=canal is a canal :-) thus not
pressurized.
your modification would mean that waterway=canal is either a canal or
pressurized. it implies that 300,000 objects would have to be reviewed
to add the lost information.
and each time a contributor forgets the pressurised tag, we won't know
if he saw a channel or a pipeline, which is still 2 totally different
objects.
or we have to assume he saw the most common object.
it's really not a good solution for data quality.

Le 24. 01. 18 à 12:02, François Lacombe a écrit :
> Why free flow should get a waterway and pressurised none ?
> I find this confusing.

I agree.
it is positive that the current proposal brings continuity
with a waterways=* for all the water flow.