Agreed, but on this list discussion is in order, right? And here I didn't
see  anyone "desiring an authorative top down tagging system - derailing
the community processes" .

At what usage level of a tag would you say a rendering proposal is
appropriate? At what usage level should it be documented on the wiki pages?

> On Friday 08 June 2018, Peter Elderson wrote:
> > > ... those who desire a strong hand and an authorative top
> >
> > down tagging system - by derailing the community processes ....
> >
> > I don't see anyone desiring and doing that in this discussion. Why
> > the strawman argument?
>
> Just look at the edit histories of the wiki pages in question.
>
> Or as i have said in
>
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-June/036876.html
>
> > The problem here is that it is not just one or two, there is a
> > significant group of people, at least a dozen overall i suppose, who
> > on the wiki consider it their mission to educate mappers on correct
> > use of tags (based on certain ideas regarding key semantics or data
> > model ideas in general) rather than documenting their actual use.
>
> As i said again and again:  The main purpose of the tag documentation on
> the wiki is to document the actual use of tags.  Abusing this platform
> to push political ideas how tagging in OSM should look like according
> to some opinion is what i call derailing the community processes.
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann
> http://www.imagico.de/

Vr gr Peter Elderson