On Friday 08 June 2018, Peter Elderson wrote:
> > ... those who desire a strong hand and an authorative top
>
> down tagging system - by derailing the community processes ....
>
> I don't see anyone desiring and doing that in this discussion. Why
> the strawman argument?

Just look at the edit histories of the wiki pages in question.

Or as i have said in

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-June/036876.html

> The problem here is that it is not just one or two, there is a
> significant group of people, at least a dozen overall i suppose, who
> on the wiki consider it their mission to educate mappers on correct
> use of tags (based on certain ideas regarding key semantics or data
> model ideas in general) rather than documenting their actual use.

As i said again and again:  The main purpose of the tag documentation on
the wiki is to document the actual use of tags.  Abusing this platform
to push political ideas how tagging in OSM should look like according
to some opinion is what i call derailing the community processes.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/