On Friday 08 June 2018, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> In general, on spotting the problem on wiki the best way to deal with
> it is to edit it
>
> (it generally takes less time than complaining).

I try to do that but don't really have the stomach to engage in turf
wars with defenders of religion-like views on what tags should mean and
which tags are good and bad.  And as you can see this is exactly what
is happening with your edits again.

The irony is that those who desire a strong hand and an authorative top
down tagging system - by derailing the community processes - instill a
desire for an authority to stop this even among those who are in
general in support of a liberal and non-authoritarian community.

An egalitarian and open community like OSM is a fragile thing...

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/