Hi,

On 06/18/2018 03:37 PM, Bryan Housel wrote:
> I think we should continue to make sure that every change
> is raised on the tagging mailing list for WWIC [1] reasons.

Using mailing lists provides no immunity against "WWIC", but it is
certainly safer than Github for the time being (who knows, there might
be a time when people sign up to Github before they do email, and their
friends open an issue when they want to meet up for drinks but we're not
quite there yet).

Jokes aside, there are many serious reasons why good old-fashioned
mailing lists should be the mainstay of important communication in OSM.
For me, the greatest plus is that mailing lists are not controlled by
(and at the whim of) business interests. Others have qualms about
signing up to an American social network platform just to participate in
OSM discussions (remember - if the product is free, you are the
product). Others again might prefer the accessibility offered by email,
where it is relatively straightforward to have a 100% voice based
interface, and so on.

So yes, +1 to keeping the discussion on email - documenting results on
Github is ok, but trying to move the decision-making there would be
problematic.

Bye
Frederik