sent from a phone

> On 23. Jul 2018, at 14:13, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> The owner would say he lived in a bungalow. No stairs, ground floor only.

> I don't think "terraced bungalow" exists as a phrase, but as a concept it
> certainly does.

it does not seem to be a very promising concept though. Terraced houses are
usually seen as a compromise for people who want an independent house, but
cannot afford a detached one. Terraced houses are cheaper because they need
less ground (i.e. you can usually find them where the ground is expensive to
buy), expensive ground means you’ll try to use it intensively, which is
contradicting the bungalow concept.
Terraced houses are almost always narrow, deep and relatively high.

Maybe in the UK with its tradition of terraced houses there could be a cultural
interest in something like terraced bungalows and there is also an energetic
advantage from reducing external walls, but overall there’s little danger this
will become a widespread concept for housing.

Cheers,
Martin