sent from a phone

> On 23. Jul 2018, at 17:08, Jmapb <jm...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> woke up to the conclusion that the attached/detached/semi-detached
> distinction is not a great use of the building tag. As mentioned by André, we
> can literally see on the map if these house footprints are attached via
> shared party wall.

it is not possible to do it reliably for terraced houses, because they are not
only characterized by being attached.

> So there's really no need to describe the attached-ness using the building
> tag. .... So the building tag is freed up to describe the characteristic
> style of the building  -- hut, shed, bungalow, house, apartments, villa,
> static_caravan

if you agree with the list above it seems more consistent not to drop detached
in favor of residential; detached, semi-detached and terraced are all subtypes
of houses, there is some overlap with bungalows and villas.

Cheers,
Martin