On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 13:30, Joseph Eisenberg
>     <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com <mailto:joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         So on the boundary=administrative admin_level=6 for Rogers
>         County, we could have something like maxspeed:type:default=45mph

Impossible in France,
Urban maxspeed area isn't in relation to administrative area. And this
fix the problem only on maxspeed parameter and not on other conditon
of access and what rules you have to respect.
Other problem is road classification in rural territoiries and there
is no city_limit board in all entrance of urban area highway physicaly
because there is no obligation in specific condition

that is why I proposed to use specific key

*highway:legal_type=urban or highway:legal_type:FR=agglomération *

This information is in relation with specific entrance/output city
road sign. But in certains conditon, there no output zone sign. The
typical case is : road is considerate as track legaly but is really
use as an residential condition.

legal information for France is :

   - urban area
   - "zone 30"
   - "zone de recontre" > living_street
   - "voie verte"
   - "chemin de halage" side of waterway=canal or river with boat access
   - "route pour automobile" set with thunk value but in fact that
cause lot of problem with conflict editing

What else... You can see cut on routing schema because you have a
living street in part of secondary highway... That don't make sens but
that is the really because specific key appeared and these specific
new key are just a shortcut to set implicit value that we can set on
historical schema key.

The problem is it's more simple to use highway=living_street in place
of highway=tertiary+maxpeed=20+cycleway=opposite

But in ID or other JOSM is't easy to set predifined type with couple
of key isn't it? There is plugin to set turn restriction

exemple is also container with container_type you need a couple of key
for work fine

Cordialement,
Jérôme Seigneuret