Am 17.01.2019 um 08:32 schrieb Marc Gemis:
A trailhead is the start of a trail, but I haven't seen the definition
of a trail yet.

An American trail seems like a long distance walking route in the
wilderness. It's probably the same in Australia, Is that
interpretation correct ? Is that a requirement for a trail ? If so,
you will be disappointed by what there trails are behind the
trailheads in The Netherlands (or Belgium).

From my European view I would exclude the wilderness bit. A lot of marked trails here path trough built-up area. There are even specific trails mostly through very urban area. I would say a trail is anything that would qualify for a route=hiking/bicycle/mtb/horse (possibly ski, snowmobile, inline_skates,... , I've never dealt with the latter ones).

I would also encourage including the trailhead in the respective route relation(s) with role=trailhead.

Tobias