On 3/6/2019 1:12 PM, yo paseopor wrote:

Sorry...but parking space is not a lane, lanes are for driving. You cannot drive by a "parking lane". Lane has differents meanings. You can see the difference in Spanish: Carril para circular, Zona de aparcamiento. It does not exist Carril de aparcamiento. Also adding parkign properties to the kerbs...does not help anything (it would be the same problem we have now. I need these items separated from the way, from the kerb, with its own id, to draw exactly what space is occuping.

You can't drive in a parking lane, but you can park in a parking lane. It's a common term in English, and since OSM tagging is English-based it doesn't make much sense to argue based on Spanish usage.

... I don't really see what our "problem" is that isn't solvable with street (or theoretically kerb) tagging. If the problem is that it doesn't show up visually on the default map, then I'd say that's a case of "tagging for the renderer".

On the other hand, if drawing amenity=parking areas alongside the street is what you want to do, certainly I've seen situations (such as the ones Paul linked to) where that seems to work well.

Jason