Hi all

I appreciate the discussions about tagging crossing - more examples and
local usages are important! If possible, though, I'd appreciate feedback on
crossing=marked/unmarked vs crossing:markings=yes/no.

A current rundown:

Pro crossing=marked/unmarked:

- Already in use in the wild. No need to update some editors.
- Fewer tags to deprecate if namespace is fully orthogonalized.

Pro crossing:markings=yes/no:

- Describes markings as attribute of crossings, not a contentious "type" of
crossing.
- Could potentially live alongside current non-orthogonal schema (good for
community acceptance, potentially bad for long-term consensus)
- Even more taggable crossing attributes would be in a crossing:*=*
namespace. Easier to find/organize/understand.

I think both fix the problem of orthogonality equally well.

Thoughts? Any other advantages to one vs. the other?