On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:56:49 +0200, Peter Elderson <pelder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tagging of regular cycle route relations is route=lcn for local routes, rcn
> for regional routes, ncn for national routes, icn for international routes.

You probably mean network=lcn instead of route=lcn

> I hope this clears things up?  In terms of proposal, we propose one extra
> value "node_network" for the key "network_type".
> Nothing is changed, nothing is removed. So we think zero impact on the
> current base. It's up to renderers and other data users to make use of the
> extra tag.

So hiking node network would still be tagged with network=rwn, but you would
just add network_type=node_network.

If yes, then I find this a bad proposal. What is the difference between
network=* and network_type=*

Do not choose network_type because it's the most easy solution!!!