Am 04.09.2019 um 15:59 schrieb Peter Elderson:
> Thanks for the illustrations!
>
> network=* gives geographical scope (local, regional, national,
> international) and transport mode (bicycle, foot, canoe, horse, mtb,
> ski, skate, ....)
You know what I'm going to point out.

The redundant coding of transportation kind in the the geographical
scope was a mistake, but is a done deed for cycling and hiking. BUT
there is no need to propagate repeating the mistake for every other
transportation mode, lets just stick with local, regional, national and
international these (historically I suspect that the values came from
direct tagging on ways,  lcn=yes and similar).