On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 03:08, Chris Hill <o...@raggedred.net> wrote:

> It's a sports hall I think because it is marked out for various indoor
> sports,e.g. badminton, volley ball,
> 5-a-side football etc, with curtains or nets to separate courts when
> needed.

Thanks, Chris, that's what I was remembering from schools in Australia, but
they weren't called a sports hall - usually Assembly Hall, as that's where
the School assembles to be addressed by the principal.

Wouldn't that description still match the definition that Joseph quoted
above though - "sports_centre: "a distinct facility where sports take place
within an enclosed area" - which then specifically mentions "it can be a
building"."?

Thanks

Graeme