Hi Frederik, hi everyone,

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 08:40, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> The question is basically two-fold; one, what are the established
> standards and rules concerning this situation, and two, in how far is it
> acceptable to deviate from these standards if a local mapper thinks it
> is a good idea.

To your first question: i have the impression that the "physical
division -> separate ways; no physical division -> shared way"
principle usually is followed. One situation where it is not always
followed are motorway exits divided only by road markings.

To your second question: i think that local mapping deviations make
our map less usable. I would prefer if people who think that a rule
doesn't make sense don't simply ignore it, but discuss it on this
global mailing list.

Regards
Markus