Am Fr., 11. Okt. 2019 um 11:10 Uhr schrieb Snusmumriken <
snusmumriken.map...@runbox.com>:

> It is up to the driver. I think he can ignore most of the traffic laws
> in the cause of getting as fast and as safe to where he needs to go. So
> he would use his own judgment and not so much what a routing engine
> tells him what he can do.

you are missing the point: when the emergency vehicle gets the call, the
routing engine will suggest a route to approach the place of action from
where it is now, and depending on the osm data (and other data like traffic
congestion, unaccessible roads, etc.) it may suggest different routes. Of
course you can dismiss this in general and say: "the driver will know where
to go" or "will use his own judgement", i.e. would not use OSM data at all,
but this is not the reality, in reality, OSM is used more and more in
emergency scenarios. There are companies dedicated to provide
OSM-data-based infrastructure for use by emergency services. I have seen it.

Cheers
Martin