在 2020年5月9日週六 07:07,François Lacombe <fl.infosrese...@gmail.com> 寫道:

> Hi
>
> Le ven. 8 mai 2020 à 20:48, Phake Nick <c933...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> motorcycle are not the same type of service as regular taxi.
>>

> Then may I ask you why ?
> I pay a driver to take me where I want to with his vehicle.

"I pay a driver to take me where I want to with his vehicle" is something
that would also be true for any other public transit vehicles.
Motorcycle taxi is different from 4-wheeled taxi because they provide a
different experience with different speed, charge different fare, have
different level of convenience, can access different area, and various
other factors.

>> The reaso  why you get the feeling of people saying "you don't
>> understand" to you is because you couldn't tell others why your concern is
>> legitimate, thus making it read like nonsense, even if they might make
>> sense to you, thought I am still not sure about how the distinction of
>> electric power or not is going to on the same level as different types of
>> services.
>>

> There is a lack of understanding in both sides here because I don't get
> why having two different amenity values is a benefit.

That's why I suggest clarifying the proposal and restart the discussion
process so that RFC can be centered around such idea. Or we are actually
doing it now.

> Back in 2009 a wiki contributor explained he's using amenity=taxi +
> motorcycle=yes. Despite motorcycle=yes can be awkward as it is used as an
> access tag, the idea to complete taxi service with explicit vehicle
> definition is useful.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dtaxi#Motorcycles.3F
> As I assume motorcycle taxi service is the same as taxicab service (change
> my mind upside), I find convenient to only define extra vehicule types
> instead of the whole service we already have in amenity=taxi.

In addition to them being different kind of services, for the purpose of
openstreetmap tagging, it's better to remember that a motorcycle taxi stand
would look quite different from a taxi stand, use the streetspace
differently, and thus mixing them together would also hurt any downstream
data user who might wish to understand the situation of 4-wheeled taxi
penetration in certain geographical area due to conflating the data with
others that aren't of the same type. They're often regulated by different
laws and face different operational restrictions also.