According to the wiki page about building=terrace, it is usually best
practice to map each house as a separate area (closed way) object.

"A more detailed and recommended alternative is to map each dwelling
separately using building <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>
=house <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dhouse>, but
keeping at least two nodes in common for adjoining houses."

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dterrace

If you map each house individually, it is not necessary to map the whole
outline of the row of houses.

– Joseph Eisenberg