The use of the proposed access tagging on roads to indicate whether or not
a private hire/rideshare can drive on them I think we can all agree is
straightforward, but it gets muddy when talking about other types of
infrastructure that this might apply to.

I would like to better understand how such access tagging would work in
practice for an example at my local airport.  In that instance, the
designated Uber pickup/dropoff location is a particular spot within a
specific parking garage (tagged with amenity=parking + building=yes).  Do I
add private_hire=designated to the building?  Okay, that can work.  But
then, adding operator=Uber doesn't work -- after all, Uber isn't operating
the parking garage, they just have permission to make pickups at a
particular signed location.  This tells me that a POI that's separate from
the parking garage object is needed to indicate the precise pickup location
within the garage.  Are we saying that's amenity=taxi +
private_hire=designated?  That doesn't work because a taxi stand implies
on-demand transportation.  I would just ask that we consider the full
picture of how designated private hire/rideshare tagging should be done at
airports and other transportation hubs; without that "big picture", merely
focusing very narrowly on the access attribute feels incomplete.