> Also private hire, which need to be booked in advance and have the same
> access rights/restrictions on the public highway as a private car. For some
> reason I cannot fathom, in London private hire are called minicabs.
>
> Uber and Lyft are legally private hire so whilst there may be a case for
> access tags covering private hire there should not be a separate tag. If
> different companies use different points at an airport that can be covered
> by operator=*.

Whether such things are called "private hire", "ride share", "mini cabs",
or any other term, this class of transportation is distinctly different
from what is described in amenity=taxi, which is a place where taxis wait
for passengers.

What is being described here is a place where passengers wait for their
privately arranged transportation.  A new key rideshare= is probably not be
the right way to tag such places (and, it seems from your comments, not
even the right terminology in British English).  Perhaps this better fits
under the amenity key, perhaps as simply as:

amenity=private_hire
operator=Uber