Dec 16, 2020, 00:17 by zelonew...@gmail.com:

> 1. It is not clear from the original 2011 vote which created water=reservoir
> (and other values) as to whether the community intended to deprecate
> landuse=reservoir or whether the community intended to create two parallel
> tagging schemes for the same object.

To be more specific...

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/Water_details&oldid=633881#Deprecation

""Deprecates" means "is equivalent for all purposes to". For example, landuse
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:landuse>=reservoir
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dreservoir>
should be rendered exactly like natural
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:natural>=water
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwater> + water
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:water>=reservoir. There are too many
uses of the current tagging scheme, and we don't want massive retagging and
edit wars."

So it was titled as deprecation, redefined deprecation to mean something else
and
claimed that retagging is not wanted.

Great :(

> Given these issues, I would suggest a narrowly-written proposal that puts
> forth the clear and specific question as to whether landuse=reservoir should
> be deprecated.  If that proposal demonstrates clear community consensus for
> deprecation (per the guidelines in our proposal process), we can update our
> wiki documentation to explicitly recommend that landuse=reservoir be
> gradually replaced by natural=water+water=reservoir.  If, instead, that
> proposal demonstrates that there is still a sizable subset of mappers that
> prefer the landuse=reservoir tag, we would simply leave both tags documented
> without caveats, noting the results of both this and the 2011 proposals, and
> allow the community to sort out which tagging scheme is preferred based on
> actual usage over time.
>
> As I am the one that raised this issue in the first place, I would be happy
> to draft such a proposal for consideration.  I want to be clear that in such
> a proposal, any instances of disrespectful or insulting commentary directed
> towards any group or individual will not be tolerated and will be immediately
> brought to the attention of the wiki admins for followup.
>
> Would this be satisfactory to the group in resolving the question of
> reservoir tagging?

Yes, though note that it is likely to just reconfirm stalemate.