2020-12-16, tr, 01:32 Brian M. Sperlongano rašė:
> The iD editor preset appears to use water=reservoir while the JOSM
> preset appears to use landuse=reservoir.

  Not entirely correct.
  * JOSM gives freedom to mappers and supports BOTH.
  * iD forces to use water=reservoir and evenmore pushes users to
change tagging by disguise of "upgrade" - therefore even mappers who
do not understand/know the difference are inclined to change the
tagging. <- this is the reason for current stats

  My understanding is that given landuse=reservoir is the original
water schema, the new one should show some benefits to replace the
original one? Or we do not care about consistency and simply go on
with replacing very prominent schemas for no good reason?

  My take is that:
  * landuse=reservoir is better compared to natural=water+water=x
because it pushes mappers to make distinction for these
GIS/Cartographically very different classes of water. Therefore if
landuse=reservoir is deprecated tagging will be worse.

  What are the benefits of water=reservoir?
  Given that full scope of proposal to put all water classes under
natural=water (the purpose which is disadvantageous from
GIS/Cartography perspective) have failed and we're now only talking
about two classes of water (natural and man made), and classes which
are very different and therefore should not be merged.