I've reduced the proposal to the historic=* key itself. No values included anymore.

On 11/10/2022 17:03, Marc_marc wrote:
Le 11.10.22 à 16:01, Peter Neale via Tagging a écrit :
Many ruins and memorials are "of historic interest" it is true, but that could be tagged as a property ("historic=yes") of the object "man_made=<object_name>" .

witch main tag for aa ruins with historic interest ?
it's not a building=* anymore

and for a historic=archaeological_site ?

but I agree that several values don't add any information
historic=building on building=* is the same as historic=yes