That's just wishful thinking. They all came up with Overture Maps precisely
to focus on a more data-driven approach and avoid the whole
community-consensus debate. If they wanted a round-table talk with us, they
would have organised it themselves long ago.

Just take their MR challenges for what they are: MR challenges. If you
happen to feel like mapping some motorway surfaces, then both the OSM
community and users like TomTom will be happy with your contributions. If
not, then do whatever else you enjoy doing.