sent from a phone

> On 8 May 2023, at 10:39, Sebastian Felix Zappe <sebast...@sozialhelden.de>
> wrote:
>
> For example, a door width or step count should be tagged on the node that
> represents the entrance door, not the café PoI node inside the building (or
> worse, the building polygon)

but this requires to connect the entrance to the poi. There are several ways to
do it, mapping the shop as polygon and having the entrance as part of its
outline is one, you could also rely merely on a common address (same
housenumber on entrance and poi) where this is possible (entrance has its own
housenumber), or have a relation to connect an entrance to a poi node, but
while I agree that all of these would add more detail, they also add more
complexity. My preferred ways would be same housenumber (or more specific
address component) if possible, or the poi as a polygon solution (which also
has additional benefits but expects that the mapper is able to estimate the
extent and shape).

Cheers Martin