On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 2:23 PM Timothy Noname <hervb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thinks it's definitely valuable to map areas where there is no coverage
> at all as it's a safety issue
>
> On Sun, 6 Aug 2023, 21:30 Brian M. Sperlongano, <zelonew...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This isn't really appropriate data for OSM, sorry.

The data changes often, and can't be reliably mapped without tools and a
huge crowdsourced effort, updated
constantly.
And even if you did it, it could not be depended on, or
conclusively validated.

OSM is the wrong place. The right place might be:

   - https://www.cellmapper.net/
   - https://www.opensignal.com/
   - https://opencellid.org/
   -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.zamojski.soft.towercollector&hl=en_US&gl=US
   - https://location.services.mozilla.com/

With the caveat that actual coverage depends on weather, luck, and how many
tin foil hat pigeons from the https://birdsarentreal.com/ folks have
surreptitiously staged in the area.

If you want to map something related to poor cell phone coverage,
map the few remaining existing fixed pay phones
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dtelephone>.
That in theory might be useful to someone.