Just a note about your "fact": your phone can roam to any available
network when you are dialing the emergency number. You can even dial
it without a SIM inserted in most countries. Hence why it displays the
text "emergency calls only" in such cases. Circuits towards the
emergency number are also much higher prioritized, so when the line
seems busy otherwise or produces unusable quality and drop-outs,
emergency calls will still be more usable (with sufficient coverage of
course).