Hi Sgarlata,

I had this problem, too.  Drove me crazy!  I had a
class named "Component" that didn't behave correctly.
When I renamed the class to "AssemblyComponent",
everything worked fine.

The only class in the JDK that might interfere this
way is java.awt.Component.  I'm not sure how it
happens, but JSTL couldn't find my methods on my
Component class.

I know it's not a great answer, but it is a
workaround.  At least I can offer my sympathy - I
suffered with this, too. - MOD

--- Sgarlata Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems with the <c:out> tag (and
> also with the <bean:write> tag from Struts) where I
> have some code that works in one application but
> does not work in another application.  I know my
> variables are set out correctly because of some
> scriptlet code.  Here is the working code:
>
> <c:forEach items="${lookup.days}" var="day">
>  <c:out value="${day.title}"/>
> </c:forEach>
>

> Here is the same code that does not work in another
> application:
>
> <c:forEach items="${lookup.components}"
> var="component">
>  <c:out value="${component.shortDesc}"/>
> </c:forEach>
>
> The error message is:
>
> An error occurred while evaluating custom action
> attribute "value" with value
> "${component.shortDesc}": Unable to find a value for
> "shortDesc" in object of class
> "com.bah.ebspnp.dao.Component" using operator "."
> (null)'
>

> However, this does work correctly:
>
> <c:forEach items="${lookup.components}" var="item">
>  <%=

((Component)pageContext.getAttribute("item")).getShortDesc()