Well, even if you could do it cleanly, there's no guarantee on the ordering of
request parameters. Are you really just checking to see if a particular
parameter has been passed? If so, you should be able to do that with just:

<c:if test="${param.nameOfTheParameter}">
</c:if>

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>