I personally find XTags to be extremely useful, particularly during prototyping, since it if more functional than the JSTL XML implementation. In particular, it is useful to me to be able to add and remove XML elements before applying a stylesheet. Please don't deprecate it!

Would agree with your assessment of the IO library, though. I have used it as an XML-RPC client before with good results.

As an aside, I'm looking for a cheap and nasty server side XML-RPC implementation for an upcoming demo. Any pointers?

Regards,

Malcolm.

Ben Anderson wrote:
Hi,
I'm at the beginning stages of writing a client for xml-rpc using jsp tags. First I thought I'd use the combination of the xtags and io libraries. Then, I
realized that jstl supports most xml functionality that I can think of
(transformation/xpath/parsing). Does this mean that xtags should be
depracated? Is there any use for it? Also, I believe I still would need the
io library as the c:import in jstl doesn't support features like including
content in a post request. Am I on the right track here?
Thanks,
Ben