XTags is not deprecated, and I don't recall any discussions about moving in that
direction. However, it does seem like the arrival of JSTL has taken most of the
wind out of its development sails.

As for <c:import> and POST, here's a relevant snippet from the JSTL spec:

When importing an external resource using the HTTP protocol, <c:import> behaves
according to the semantics of a GET request sent via the
java.net.HttpURLConnection class, with setFollowRedirects set to true.

So, if you want to use something other than a GET via a taglib, IO's the way to
go. It's your call as to whether XTags or JSTL is a better fit to process the
results...

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>