Kris Schneider wrote the following on 10/20/2004 3:51 PM:

Are you still pursuing this? If so, I use the following comment hack:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; %><%--
--%><%@ attribute name="items" required="true"
type="java.util.Collection"%><%--
--%>...

I've also seen this in use:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core";
%><%@ attribute name="items" required="true" type="java.util.Collection"
%>...

Thanks, yes still looking:( The problem is I'm still left with just one closing break at the end. I had previously tried converting the whole tag file to one line and still I'll get one break when it's evaluated in the JSP. Very frustrating. The only other hack I can think of is when I'm iterating over my loop in my tag file I can keep prepending a <c:set var to make my String and I could then use that in the JSP. Seems like a lot overhead though. Be nice if there was a way to do <c:set var="foo" value="<tags:MyTag .../>"/> Then I could just use ${foo} within the javascript.

--
Rick