Kris Schneider wrote the following on 10/21/2004 7:33 AM:

Here'a a bogus example:

dummy.jsp:
----------
<%@ page contentType="text/plain" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="tags" tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags" %>
Tag output: '<tags:dummy/>'

dummy.tag:
----------
<%@ tag body-content="scriptless" %><%--
--%><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; %><%--
--%><c:out value="Hello, world!"/>

The file ends here----------------^, not on the next line. The output is:

Tag output: 'Hello, world!'

So it should be possible to do what you want, it's just a matter of doinking
with the tag file...

But is there a break in the resulting html source code after world!' ?

In other words if you had your example do:

Tag output: '<tags:dummy/>' "Hi is there a break before my Hi?"

And you view the source code does it look something like:

A) 'Hello, world!' "Hi is there a break before my Hi?"

or

B) 'Hello, world!'
"Hi is there a break before my Hi?"

I'm getting results like B which is breaking the javascript because of the break.

-- Rick