2009/9/24 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
> Yes - so in this case, I agree, it's no big deal. Y and X are pretty
> similar. But this may not be the case in general. You have to draw the
> line somewhere. And I prefer to be conservative, i.e. if in doubt,
> don't change it until the situation becomes clearer (e.g. after
> discussion, or additional tags appearing on tagwatch/wiki that make
> specification easier).

You're blowing smoke, it's obvious source=gps is the same thing as
source=survey, however source=survey is a core set of features and
already in wide spread and common usage.

Stop trying to make this out to be something it's not.

Likewise source=gpsdrive should be source=survey as well, I see this a
lot and I'm not sure if it's a person or gpsdrive authors that have
caused this but some other tag should be used for the device
collecting the data and/or the software to be consistent with everyone
else.