On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, John Smith wrote:
> > If you think in the Venn diagram
> > source=survey is a big box
> > source=gps is a subset of that box
> > and then some other subsets of gps would be needed
>
> GPS on it's own isn't more meaningful either, not without knowing the
> hardware used, since most surveys will be using consumer grade GPS
> anyway.
ideas for subsets
gps_chip=antaris/sirfstar3/mediatek/trimble/
gps_model=
hdop=
pdop=
(precision would be some rough figure for the track, i wouldn't want to see
them on each single node)

then we could note if additional survey techniques used like
differential_gps=yes (default=no)
and (cheating off an unpublished essay) we could discuss if an improved
antenna was used
and what algorithms are used by the GPS chip to improve results

--
If you stand on your head, you will get footprints in your hair.