> Now the next question, how big (8Gb, 16Gb) a microSD card can these use.
> I can see no info in the specs and none of the retailers show this either.

Actually finally found the answer on the Garmin site.

For anyone interested.
"
If at the most recent unit software version, these limitations are:

- There is no limitation to the size of SD/microSD card used but the
device will only recognize 4GB of detailed mapping
- Each expandable memory device will be able to recognize up to 2,025
detailed mapping segments

If 2,025 detailed mapping segments are loaded to an SD/microSD card but
does not reach 4GB worth of data, the unit will not show any more detailed
mapping than what is provided by the mapping segments.
Updated 10/12/2009
"

So with a 16Gb card should be able to reliably store 12Gb of track data.

Cheers
Ross