2009/12/14 Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Dunno about metro areas, but most pubs in rural areas will still rent rooms.
>
> Yep, but we're concerned with the wiki definition of the "pub" tag,
> not what "pub" means in general. And secondly, we're not concerned
> with the wiki definition of the "pub" tag, we're discussing these
> pseudo sports clubs :)

Just adding to the discussion of why clubs aren't and shouldn't be
tagged the same as pubs, so it was relevant...

As for tag naming....

amenity=member_club

Which is also a little vague, but it is a valid description, would
just need to be documented properly.

Checking on wikipedia there is a similar notion in NZ, at least in
terms of RSLs, they call them RSAs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_New_Zealand_Returned_and_Services%27_Association