On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Ross Scanlon <i...@4x4falcon.com> wrote:

> Better way to do it is zoomed out so you can see the whole section you want
> to trace.  Mark an end point then mark the other end.  Then zoom and
> accurately adjust the end points, once they are in the correct place then
> add extra points if necessary.

Yeah but then if there are curvy bits – which I want to be maximally zoomed
in for – that doesn't work. Personally I'm not seeing a lot of harm in
excess nodes. Of all the things you could do wrong, it ranks pretty low in
harm.

Also as John pointed out use the simplify tool before uploading.

John referred to a simplify feature in Potlatch, which I can't find. There's
"tidy" which only works when the entire way is straight, or circular. And I
see a reference in a mailing list to a simplify function for converting GPX
traces. Is there really such a feature for ways?

Steve