2010/1/5 Craig Feuerherdt <craigfeuerhe...@gmail.com>:
> John is right about the distinction between the "landuse" & "natural" tags.
> "landuse" is about what is on the ground (trees, farming etc). I am assuming
> national/state/other parks/areas should be attributed with the "natural"
> tag, but "natural=what"?

Depends what's on the ground, I'm guessing simpson desert would be
natural=sand...

> A standard for a "jurisdiction" tag is one element. I think we also need to

I might be wrong, but shouldn't jurisdiction have it's own polygon boundary?

That is, it would be an inner boundary for what ever state, and outer
boundary for itself, or federal or ...

> add a "type" tag ie type=National Park. Will take a look on
> data.australia.gov.au and see if I can find the classification and then post
> it on the wiki.

The classification stuff was posted to this list, not from
data.australia.gov.au, it turned up when someone went looking on how
to tag these areas.