On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 19:10 +1000, John Smith wrote:
> On 22 February 2010 19:07, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> > A water supply company could be interested to know how many pools are in
> > an area to know what areas might have higher demand during filling
> > season.  But, a pool cleaning business in the future might search on the
> > map to find areas with potential customers, and be able to directly
> > advertise to them by matching pool locations to street addresses.
>
> So what you're say is, we shouldn't do street addressing, because
> people can misuse it for marketing purposes?

No, what Im say(ing) is, Im unsure if theres a privacy issue, and asking
for others opinions or if theres any precedents to follow (other than
the court cases brought against google for invasion of privacy).

If I was saying we shouldnt be doing street addressing, why would I have
said 'I can see both sides, but am interested in others opinions'?

David