> 1) They're clearly mini roundabouts. I go straight over them on my bike.

They are concrete circles from Nearmap as far as I can tell.

> 2) The roads you've mapped out don't even follow the aerial photos -
> they cut across people's front lawns.

Must have missed resizing these lot done now and I did not map any of the other
roads they were alread there.

> 3) Why an octagon shape? Ugh. At least use the "tidy" function in JOSM
> or Potlatch to make them circles.

An octagon is the smallest number of nodes to accurately describe a circle.
And they have been tidied using JOSM's circle function.

> My mind is blown that you would spend hours of your time doing this.
> There are thousands of more productive things you could be doing. I
> was about to start converting a couple into mini_roundabouts when I
> suddenly twigged why they were there.

Having just spent 3 months on the road collecting over 9000km's of gps traces
which have already been incorporated into osm, due to problems with our vehcile
we've got 6 months of while we wait for repairs so how I spend that time is
totally up to me.

> Sorry to rant, but...why...why...?

Cause I can.

> Steve