On 11/07/2011 10:13, John Smith wrote:
On 11 July 2011 19:04, Richard Fairhurst<rich...@systemed.net>  wrote:
they don't have to be the same licence. That unambiguously works with ODbL
(4.5a): whether it works with CC is a moot point because CC is unclear for
data licensing, but it's likely that it does (after all, there are

Well if you attempt to use data I've created under any license other
than cc-by-sa I'd be happy to to file an injunction to finally answer
how much copyright extends to map content creation.

It's not using it under a licence other than CC-BY-SA. A "Collective Database" or "Collective Work" means that the ODbL part of it is under ODbL and the CC-BY-SA part is under CC-BY-SA. This is the very first clause (1a) of CC-BY-SA.

In Australian legal terms, the two databases are "underlying works" and so retain their own rights. The two together are a "compilation" (albeit one that is so simple it doesn't attract any additional copyright in itself), and therefore users need permission of the rights-holders in the underlying works. This permission has already been granted in the two open content licences used: the "Collective Work" permission of CC-BY-SA and the "Collective Database" permission of ODbL.

Richard