On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Markus <mark...@adam.com.au> wrote:

> The approval for my acceptance of the new licence was only being
stopped due
> to imports I have done from data.gov.au. and the original CC.
> When Michael received approval I agreed to the licence. Thankyou Michael.
>
> Even though I still don't agree we needed to chance the licence I still
> agreed to the improved CC.
>
> I have now moved across to FOSM due to living in Australia and wanting to
> continue to use Nearmap. I still might share my future GPS tracks with
both
> projects.

I'm doing this too. Mapping in FOSM in Australia with nearmap, agri (in
the future for non-nearmap areas), surveyed data, gps tracks... I don't
want to go backwards with the current data, and am quite happy with
CC-BY-SA (I would prefer CC0, but I'm willing to compromise), I would
like to keep using nearmap, decliners data and CC-BY data hence I'm
uploading to FOSM.

Also I want to minimise disruption to others since I've observed a
larger number of constructive edits going into FOSM in Sydney than OSM,
I'm going to keep contributing to FOSM as a service to others.

I still support OSM though. For instance I recently visited Vancouver
and collected a small amount of data. Since I'm not aware of a large
fosm presence there and because I only used my own data sources I
uploaded those edits to OSM rather than FOSM. I don't support a global
FOSM. I support FOSM where there is a large active community of people
who wish to keep using CC-BY-SA, but I support OSM if there isn't much
fosm activity but lots of OSM activity in that area.

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir
<maxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, Nearmap seems to have suspended free imagery for
> personal use. It is now $49-99/month. I get redirected to this page when I
> try to access the website https://www.nearmap.com/packages

I'm not surprised, and I could see they were heading down this path a
long time ago. Since they abandoned the original founders idea of a
media company (like Google) and instead turned the company in an imagery
sales company trying to squeeze every dollar right now (like AAMHatch).

Still not good news, lets see where this goes. Hopefully Ben can provide
some insight.