Am 17.08.2012 09:43, schrieb Michael Krämer:
Given Nick's comments (assuming I've understood them correctly), lets
start this approach with the ACT, and Nick can apply his tweaks
post-import.

Ok, I'll run the conversion and manually import the ACT data. Expect some
results over the weekend.

OK, I have just imported the missing parts of the ACT border (changeset #12765494).

Here some details:

- the easter border from the souternmost corner to the Monlonglo River north of Queanbeyan had already been present - there had been a border around Kowen Forest with "source=ABS_2006; Federal electoral boundary GIS data" but much coarser compared to the new data. The existing nodes coincided with nodes of the new data. So I have considered the new data as an improvement and added them. - Some of the segment from above had been part of relations for districts so I also updated these relations as appropriate - first I assumed that Jervis Bay is part of the ACT. I just noticed that it's an territory on it's own and added an separate relation later - the seaward border of Jervis Bay didn't match the coastline in OSM so I dropped it completely. I think the seward borders should be covered together with the national border anyway.

Now some of the existing areas for National Parks etc. don't accurately match the border although they probably shold (e.g. [1]). In general again I found the new data to show more detail than what had been present.

Michael